We met up with the folks at Flocabulary, brought in parents and students, and got the ball rolling. Through interviews, we identified the major areas where the app needed to deliver something different from the site. After mapping out the necessary features to make this happen, we had a minimal viable product (MVP).
Flocabulary’s video library is organized based on two things: subject and grade level. This means there are two paths a user can take to locate what they need.
We needed to find the most intuitive route: the fastest way to reach the video components and subscribe to full access. Parents and students tested two low fidelity layouts to help us find the best user flow.
View both prototypes here and here.
We involved the Flocabulary team in each step of our process. With input from their creative team, we continued with the most intuitive prototype from our testing.
Scheduling meetings to stay up-to-date, we moved forward polishing the visual design and refining the user experience. With both teams happy with the MVP design, we started coding the app.